Ms. Saiz is a director in the Albuquerque office and the Leader of the firm’s Products and General Liability Practice Group. Her practice focuses on medical malpractice and trucking law, as well as professional liability. Her areas of practice also include wrongful death and insurance defense litigation. She also has experience in railroad law, civil rights, and construction defect cases. Ms. Saiz has significant trial experience, having defended clients in both jury and non-jury trials in State and Federal Court. She is authorized to practice in all New Mexico courts, the United States District Court for the District of New Mexico, and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
During law school, Ms. Saiz was a manuscript editor for the New Mexico Law Review. She was a member of the UNMSOL National Mock Trial Team and the recipient of the Jerry Roehl Award for Outstanding Advocacy and the Lewis Powell Medal for Excellence in Advocacy. She presently serves as an adjunct professor and lecturer at the University of New Mexico School of Law.
Ms. Saiz has achieved the highest Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating.
Ms. Saiz is listed in Best Lawyers in America for her experience and expertise in Product Liability Litigation and Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants.
Ms. Saiz is listed in Southwest Super Lawyers for her experience and expertise in Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense.
Ms. Saiz has been selected by the Governor of New Mexico to serve as a member of the Second District Court Judicial Nominating Committee.
Ms. Saiz was voted into the American Board of Trial Advocates.
- State Bar of New Mexico
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member, New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Member, Transportation Lawyers Association (Motor Carrier Committee)
- Prior Member, Magistrate Judge Merit Selection Panel, United States District Court
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association
- Albuquerque Bar Association
United States District Court, District of New Mexico
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy – Instructor and Faculty Member
- University of New Mexico School of Law (J.D. 2003)
- University of New Mexico (B.A. English, 1993)
Tort Law: Tort Liability When Fraudulent Misrepresentation Regarding Birth Control Results in the Birth of a Healthy Child—Wallis v. Smith, 32 N.M. L. Rev. 549 (2002)
“Applying the Rules of Evidence to Expert Reports” – National Business Institute, December 2015
“Blocking Opposing Evidence” – National Business Institute, September 2012