Mr. Morgan is Of Counsel in the Albuquerque office. He practices in the Business Department with an emphasis on intellectual property law, particularly patent, trademark, trade secret and copyright law. His practice also includes licensing and technology transfer, unfair competition, international law, infringement matters and intellectual property law related litigation. He is a registered patent attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
He formerly was associated with Bausch & Lomb Incorporated as senior counsel, corporate trademark counsel and division intellectual property counsel for the Bushnell Division, Option Systems Division and Sunglass Division. Prior to joining Bausch & Lomb, Mr. Morgan was an examiner in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Mr. Morgan was named Albuquerque Copyright Law Lawyer of the Year-2022 by Best Lawyers in America.
Mr. Morgan was named Albuquerque Litigation-Patent Lawyer of the Year-2016 by Best Lawyers in America.
Mr. Morgan was named Albuquerque Litigation-Intellectual Property Lawyer of the Year-2015 by Best Lawyers in America.
Mr. Morgan was named Albuquerque Copyright Law Lawyer of the Year-2013 by Best Lawyers in America.
- State Bar of New Mexico
- American Bar Association
- Albuquerque Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Rochester Patent Law Association (President 1984-85)
- New Mexico Entrepreneur’s Association (President 1993-1994)
- Director, New Mexico Optics Industry Association
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America under Copyright Law, Litigation-Intellectual Property Law, Litigation-Patent Law, Patent Law, and Trademark Law
- The George Washington University (J.D., 1968)
- Northwestern University (B.S.M.E., 1965)
- District of Columbia
- State of New York
- State of New Mexico
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. States Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit