Ms. Beerle is a Director in the Albuquerque office where she practices in the Litigation Department’s Health Law and Medical Malpractice Defense section. Her practice focuses on litigating professional and managed care liability claims on behalf of hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, physicians, nursing staff and other healthcare professionals. Her experience also includes general negligence and personal injury defense.
Before joining the firm, Ms. Beerle served a one-year term as a judicial law clerk for New Mexico Supreme Court Justice Pamela B. Minzner. She also served a two-year term as a judicial law clerk for New Mexico Court of Appeals Judge Michael D. Bustamante.
While in law school, Ms. Beerle served as manuscript editor for the New Mexico Law Review. As a law student, she assisted Professor James Ellis in preparing petitioner’s brief to the United States Supreme Court in the case of Atkins v. Virginia, 536 U.S. 304 (2002), which ultimately was successful in excluding mentally retarded persons from the death penalty. Upon graduation, Ms. Beerle received honors in Clinical Law and the Freedman, Boyd, Daniels, Goldberg, Hollander, and Cline Prize for Excellence in Criminal Law.
Ms. Beerle is listed in The Best Lawyers in America for her experience and expertise in Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants.
Ms. Beerle was named Albuquerque Medical Malpractice Law-Defendants Lawyer of the Year-2017 by The Best Lawyers in America.
- Order of the Coif, New Mexico Chapter
- American Bar Association – Health Law Section
- State Bar of New Mexico – Health Law Section (Budget Officer)
- Albuquerque Bar Association
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico
- Defense Research Institute
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association (editorial board)
- University of New Mexico School of Law (J.D. magna cum laude, 2002)
- University of New York (B.A. cum laude, 1978)