HR Administrative Assistant – Albuquerque, NM
The Rodey Law Firm is accepting resumes for a HR Administrative Assistant position for its Albuquerque office.
- Assists in the hiring process by:
- Supporting human resources department by screening applicants for open staff positions in the firm; scheduling interviews; preparing letters to candidates following interviews; and initiating background searches.
- Organizing and scheduling interviews with the human resources director or members of the firm’s recruiting committee (as applicable).
- Provides orientation for new employees which includes by providing information packets, reviewing company policies, gathering withholding and other payroll information, explaining benefit programs, and obtaining signatures on employment documents including I-9’s.
- Maintains human resources records for employees.
- Assists in administering employee benefit programs including medical insurance, dental, vision, disability programs, life insurance, and retirement plan benefits by advising employees of eligibility, providing application information, helping with form completion, verifying submission, and notifying employees of approvals, handling mid-year qualifying event changes and reviewing monthly statements for accuracy and submission to payroll.
- Assign floating legal assistants tasks daily.
- Update internal directories.
- Completes annual surveys.
- Schedule meetings.
- Order American Express cards.
- Handle ABA membership renewals and billing invoices.
- Renew UNM parking permit.
- Submit building maintenance issues through website access.
- Social events planning.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Calendaring skills
- Administrative writing and reporting skills
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Two years of administrative assistant experience preferred
- Knowledge of principals and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training are a plus.
- Knowledge of employment laws, such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, ADA, FMLA, FLSA are a plus.
Specialized or Technical Knowledge and Skills:
Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate in person, by e-mail and telephone and follow instruction effectively from a diverse group of attorneys, clients and staff and to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
Work occasionally requires more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
Firm offers competitive salary and excellent benefits.
For consideration, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Admin Assistant” in the subject line, or to Human Resources Director, P.O. Box 1888 Albuquerque, NM 87103.