Environment and Natural Resources
- Rodey and its regional co-counsel achieved a successful settlement of a major toxic tort lawsuit arising out of a claim of ground water contamination. The case involved complex issues surrounding geology, hydrology and medical causation.
- Our attorneys represent a pro-mining citizen’s group which intervened in two closure permitting actions for major open pit copper mines in southwest New Mexico. One action was settled to all parties’ satisfaction; one is still being contested.
- We are currently defending a multi-million dollar claim of environmental contamination on an abandoned mining-related property. The property had been in operation for sixty years; the case involves complex issues of ownership, causation and damages.
- We assist an exploration-stage uranium company in its land and water rights acquisitions and its permitting.
- We represent a company developing a major copper-gold-silver-molybdenum mine in southwestern New Mexico.