Jocelyn Drennan is a director in the Albuquerque office and the Leader of the firm’s Appellate Practice Group. Ms. Drennan primarily practices appellate law. Ms. Drennan has handled appeals in state and federal courts in a wide range of legal areas, including employment law, products liability law, workers’ compensation, torts, contracts, medical malpractice, medical peer review, land use, constitutional law, administrative law, and arbitration.
Ms. Drennan’s practice also includes handling complex litigation matters at the trial court level. Ms. Drennan has drafted dispositive motions, prepared and argued jury instructions, and drafted post-trial motions addressing a wide variety of issues. Ms. Drennan also has monitored trials to assist with issue preservation.
Ms. Drennan is listed in The Best Lawyers in America and Southwest Super Lawyers for her expertise and experience in appellate law. She is also listed in Benchmark Litigation – The Definitive Guide to America’s Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys for her experience and expertise in appellate law.
Ms. Drennan was named Albuquerque Appellate Practice Lawyer of the Year-2017 by The Best Lawyers in America.
Ms. Drennan is a co-author of the New Mexico practice chapter of the Appellate Practice Compendium, published by the American Bar association Council of Appellate Lawyers, 2012.
- New Mexico Supreme Court Appellate Rules Committee (2019 – 2021)
- New Mexico Supreme Court Committee on Uniform Jury Instructions for Civil Cases (2013-2019)
- State Bar of New Mexico: Board of Editors (2011-2014); Appellate Practice Section Board, former chair and ongoing board member
- American Bar Association
- Albuquerque Bar Association
- United States District Court, District of New Mexico
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- University of New Mexico School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, order of coif, 1997)
- Smith College (B.A., magna cum laude, 1992)