- Professional Experience
- Professional Memberships and Activities
- Professional Ratings and Recognition
Mr. Salazar’s professional experience and current practice are in real estate, land use and development law, as well as municipal and administrative law. He has substantial litigation experience, particularly in eminent domain, in which his litigation practice is currently focused.
His real estate experience includes transactional work (sale, purchase, and lease of vacant and developed properties) as well as real estate development work, including comprehensive plan, area plan and sector plan amendments, annexation, zoning, site plan approval, utility extension, storm drainage and access considerations, and traffic, air quality, and environmental studies.
He chaired the firm’s Business Department from 2000 to 2008 and served as the first Chairman of its Environment and Natural Resources Department.
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of New Mexico
- Albuquerque Bar Association
- Albuquerque Lawyers Club
- Member, Board of Directors, Inter-American Foundation
- Member, Board of Directors, Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
- Albuquerque Hispano Chamber of Commerce
- Albuquerque Economic Forum
- Greater Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce
- UNM Alumni Association
- Albuquerque Armed Forces Advisory Association
New Mexico Chapter of the National Association of Industrial & Office Parks
Mr. Salazar’s extensive community involvement includes past service as the Chairman of the Board of each of the Greater Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce, University of New Mexico Alumni Association, Albuquerque Hispano Chamber of Commerce and the Inter-American Foundation.
- Stanford University (J.D., 1968)
- University of New Mexico (B.A., 1965)
- In June 2018 Mr. Salazar was selected as a Significant Sig Award winner. This is one of the highest honors a member of the Sigma Chi Fraternity can receive. It is given to members whose career and personal accomplishments bring favor and distinction to the Fraternity.
- In May 2015 Mr. Salazar received the prestigious New Mexico Spirit of Achievement Award for a legacy of contributing his time, talents and resources in all areas of life – personal, business and civic.
- Mr. Salazar was named Business Lawyer of the Year-2014 by the State Bar of New Mexico Business Law Section.
- Mr. Salazar has achieved the highest Martindale-Hubbell rating and he was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for his expertise in the areas of eminent domain and condemnation law, land use and zoning law, litigation-land use and zoning, and real estate law.
- Mr. Salazar was named Albuquerque Land Use and Zoning Law Lawyer of the Year-2019 by Best Lawyers in America.
- Mr. Salazar was named Albuquerque Litigation-Land Use & Zoning Law Lawyer of the Year-2014 by Best Lawyers in America.
- Mr. Salazar was named Albuquerque Land Use & Zoning Law Lawyer of the Year-2013 by Best Lawyers in America.
- Mr. Salazar was selected for and is a member of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers.
- Mr. Salazar is listed in Chambers & Partners-America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, described as having an “effective instinct” in land use matters.
- Mr. Salazar is listed in Southwest Super Lawyers for his expertise and experience in real estate law. In addition, the 2011 edition of Southwest Super Lawyers lists Mr. Salazar as one of the Top 25 Lawyers in New Mexico.
- Mr. Salazar was selected by New Mexico Business Weekly as one of New Mexico’s “Best of the Bar” for 2010.
- In July of 2009, Mr. Salazar received the Justice Pamela B. Minzner Professionalism Award from the State Bar of New Mexico. The award, named for the late Pamela B. Minzner, New Mexico Supreme Court Justice, is the highest award given by the State Bar. Mr. Salazar received the award in recognition of his outstanding professional conduct over the last 40 years and for his involvement in the Albuquerque community through his extensive service on the boards of many significant community organizations.