- Professional Experience
- Professional Memberships and Activities
- Teaching Endeavors
- Reported Cases
Ms. Miller returns to the Rodey Law Firm as Of Counsel in the Albuquerque office. Ms. Miller was previously a member of the Rodey Law Firm from 2000 to 2009. She practices in the Professional Liability Section of the Litigation Department with an emphasis on medical malpractice and professional liability defense. Her professional liability defense includes physicians, medical professionals, medical facilities, nursing homes, attorneys, and professionals involved in real estate transactions, particularly New Mexico brokers.
Her general liability practice focuses on complex personal injury, products liability, wrongful death, traumatic brain injury, premises liability, premises security, medical transportation, and work related accidents. In 2014, she tried a seven-week case involving four decedents and four catastrophically injured persons in the California Superior Court: County of San Diego, resulting in a verdict identified as one of the Top 100 Verdicts by Verdict Search. She has tried eighteen cases to verdict, fourteen of which were to a jury.
Her practice has also included the defense of construction defect defense of master planners, developers, and general contractors with a significant focus on common interest association cases including breach of fiduciary duty claims and defense of real estate professionals.
Ms. Miller is licensed in New Mexico and California. Ms. Miller is an attorney instructor for the National Institute of Trial Advocacy.
- New Mexico State Bar, licensed since October 1995
- California State Bar, licensed since June 2009
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico, since March 1997
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, since June 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, since December 2016
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, since December 1997
- ABA Section on Real Property, Trust and Estate Law (2003-2019): Supervisory Council Member
- Assistant Section Secretary for the Real Property Division (2015)
- Co-Chairperson, Standing Committee on Marketing and Social Media Member, Standing Committee on Communications
- Member, Standing Committee on Planning; Co-chair of Task Force on Futures
- Member, Diversity Committee, co-creator of the Diversity Speaker Database
- Chairperson, Committee on Construction and Design
- Vice-Chairperson, Committee on Real Property Litigation and ADR
- Chairperson, Committee Broker and Brokerage
- Chairperson, Commercial Real Estate Transactions Group
- The T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond, Virginia, J.D. 1995 (Member of Moot Court Board, Recipient of 1993 Phi Alpha Delta Summer Fellowship Grant)
- The University of Virginia, B.A., French Language 1990 (Jefferson Scholar, Echols Scholar)
Presentations for the ABA RPTE Section:
- Spring 2019 “Real News About Fake Insurance”
- Spring 2011 “Construction Contract Advice for the Transactional Attorney”
- Spring 2009 “Hot Topics in Real Estate Transactions: Short Sales”, published by ali-aba in The Practical Real Estate Lawyer
- Fall 2007 “Hot Topics in Broker Defense”
- Spring 2004 “What Gets Real Estate Lawyers Sued”
Other Associations and Presentations:
Presenter at New Mexico State Bar Convention 2003 “Ethics: Multiple Party Representation in Transactions/Litigation”
- Panel speaker for 2001 and 2002 ANLIR Legal Malpractice Seminars Committee Member on the Realtors Association of New Mexico’s Forms Committee, 2006-2007, which created forms published for use by Realtors in New Mexico.
- Defense Counsel Advisor to the Rules Task Force of the New Mexico Real Estate Commission, 2003, which created the Basic Licensee Duties.
- Speaker to New Mexico Realtors through brokerages, local Boards, and societies. H. Vearle Payne American Inn of Court, Pupil 1997- 1999, Barrister 1999-2000.
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy: Faculty Member for Trial Skills and Deposition courses for the Southwest Region 2005 – 2007 in Albuquerque; the Western Region in San Francisco, since 2006; San Diego since 2019
- San Diego Defense Lawyers Mock Trial Course faculty 2019
- Presenter, North County Bar Association’s Trial Techniques Series, 2017
- 1999-2003 Coach of Sandia High School Mock Trial Teams (two teams per year): one team finished third in the state, and two teams won the state championship.
Gourdi v. Berkelo, 122 N.M. 675, 930 P.2d 812 (1996).
Miller v. Triad Adoption & Counseling Servs., Inc., 133 N.M. 544, 65 P.3d 1099 (Ct. App. 2003).