Ms. Samantha M. Hults is a Director in the Albuquerque office. She practices in the Litigation Department with an emphasis on employment law, labor law and litigation. She has significant jury and non-jury trial experience, as well as administrative hearings. Ms. Hults has presented oral argument in the New Mexico Supreme Court and the New Mexico Court of Appeals. She also has extensive experience in resolving claims through alternative dispute resolution including mediation and arbitration. A former Deputy City Attorney with the City of Albuquerque, Ms. Hults is familiar with local government regulations, ordinances and is also versed in the Family and Medical Leave Act, Title VII, the New Mexico Human Rights Act, the National Labor Relations Act, the New Mexico State Public Employment Bargaining Act (PEBA III) and other Federal, State and local employment and labor laws.
Before joining the firm, Ms. Hults served as the Deputy City Attorney for the City of Albuquerque, where she managed the day-to-day operations of the City legal department, counseled elected officials on complex legal matters, and drafted and implemented various policy and legislation.
Ms. Hults was awarded UNM Association of Public Interest Law Grant in the summer of 2004. She was awarded the Hispanic National Bar Moot Court Competition, second place in the spring of 2004, and was a recipient of the Peggy Browning Legal Fellowship in the summer of 2003.
- Board Member of the New Mexico State Bar Employment and Labor Law Section (2013-2020)
- Chair of the New Mexico State Bar Young Lawyer’s Division (2012)
- Member of the New Mexico State Bar Health Law Section (2005-2011)
- Licensed Attorney in the State of New Mexico
- Licensed in the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- University of New Mexico School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- Occidental College (B.A. Urban and Environmental Policy, 2001)