Mr. Sparks is a director in the Litigation Department. He practices in the areas of trucking defense, professional liability, insurance coverage and bad faith and insurance defense. He represents his professional clients before their regulatory boards including the Disciplinary Board, an agency of the New Mexico Supreme Court. Having litigated jury and non-jury cases at all levels of state and federal courts in New Mexico, he has significant trial experience. Mr. Sparks also coordinates and conducts accident investigations for his trucking clients and set up a rapid action team for that purpose.
Mr. Sparks was a law clerk for the Honorable John Edwards Conway, Chief United States District Judge for the District of New Mexico from 1994-1996.
Mr. Sparks has achieved the highest Martindale-Hubbell rating.
Mr. Sparks is listed in The Best Lawyers in America for his expertise and experience in insurance law and transportation law.
Best Lawyers in America named Mr. Sparks Albuquerque Transportation Law Lawyer of the Year for the years 2013, 2018 and 2020.
Mr. Sparks is listed in Southwest Super Lawyers for his experience and expertise in Civil Litigation: Defense.
- Member, Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute (Transportation Committee)
- Member, Harmonie Group’s Transportation Committee
- Member, Council on Litigation Management
- Member, Lawyers Professional Liability and Insurance Committee, State Bar of New Mexico
- U.S. District Court (New Mexico)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Albuquerque Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- University of New Mexico School of Law (J.D., cum laude, order of the coif, 1994)
- University of New Mexico (B.A., magna cum laude, 1989)