- Professional Experience
- Professional Memberships and Activities
- Professional Ratings and Recognition
Ms. Nixon’s professional experience has been a general practice with emphasis in commercial utility, natural resources, water and environmental law, including litigation, administrative proceedings and transactional work. In the administrative field, she has had substantial experience in utility proceedings before the New Mexico Public Regulation Commission and water rights cases before the New Mexico State Engineer.
Prior to entering the private practice of law, Ms. Nixon served on the staff of a United States Senator in Washington, D.C., as a legislative assistant in the areas of finance, energy and natural resources.
Ms. Nixon is a member of the firm’s Business Department.
- American Bar Association
- Member, Public Utility, Communication and Transportation Law Section
- State Bar of New Mexico
- First Judicial District Bar Association:
- Past President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer
- Member of Judicial Selection Commission for the New Mexico Court of Appeals and First Judicial District
- Wyoming State Bar Association
- Colorado State Bar Association
- University of Wyoming (J.D., 1973)
- University of Wyoming (B.A. with honors, 1970) Phi Beta Kappa; Phi Kappa Phi; Phi Sigma Iota; Law Review Staff – Land and Water Law Review, Water Law Editor
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for her expertise in energy law, mining law and natural resources law.
- Named Santa Fe Mining Law Lawyer of the Year-2014 by The Best Lawyers in America
- Listed in Chambers USA-America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in environment, natural resources and regulated industries: water supply litigation
- National Registry of Who’s Who.
- Has achieved the highest Martindale-Hubbell rating