Applications Analyst/Trainer – Albuquerque, NM
The Rodey Law Firm is accepting resumes for a Applications Analyst/Trainer position for its Albuquerque office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Applications/Desktop Support:
- Job requires employee to be a resident Microsoft Office expert.
- Provides installation, support, and customization for applications programs including: Microsoft Word/Office, iManage Document Management System, and litigation support software in coordination with the IS staff.
- Share duties with Desktop Engineer answering helpdesk calls.
- Establish legal specific best practices and customizations for applications distribution and usage. Develops Microsoft Word macros and templates using Visual Basic for Applications.
- Troubleshoot desktop and application problems in coordination with the IS staff.
- Provides installation, support and customization for Windows workstations and laptops in coordination with the IS staff and outside support vendors.
- Provides ongoing desktop support for Citrix remote access.
- Responsible for all new user training, ongoing user training and new applications training. Coordinate with outside training vendors for larger training projects.
- Develops courseware and handouts as needed. Training formats may include personal, classroom, video calls and brown bag lunches.
- Investigate electronic training and other alternative training methods.
- Litigation/Practice Support:
- Provide support to attorneys/paralegals in examining, evaluating and processing electronic data and discovery materials.
- Provide support for attorneys using electronic trial presentation by helping to develop exhibits electronically and load them into Sanction software for trial presentation.
- Process electronic discovery using litigation support software for review.
- Attend trials, set up audio/video equipment and provide trial presentation support as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of available practice support systems including text search applications, document databases, imaging and spreadsheets. Research and recommend appropriate practice support systems/software as needed.
- Systems Administration/Other Duties:
- Serve as the backup to Director of IS, Systems and Network Administrator and Desktop Engineer in systems administration and network support.
- Maintain a basic level knowledge of the cable plant, network design and server systems. Able to locate, diagnose and repair problems on a timely basis, both hardware and software. Capable of relocating and changing computer equipment and cabling as necessary. Repairs hardware within limits of ability.
- Share after hours/weekend support responsibilities with the IS staff and carry a smart phone.
- Other duties as assigned by the IS Manager.
Experience/Education: Associate’s Degree in Computer Science/MIS or equivalent preferred. Experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree or in combination with an Associate’s degree.
Specialized or Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of current software applications including Microsoft Word/Office and Windows desktop. Citrix, litigation support software and iManage or similar document management software preferred. Expert broad-based knowledge of legal specific software.
- Employee must have at least 4 years’ experience with Microsoft Office and Windows. Employee should have advanced Windows skills. Basic familiarity with LAN/WAN and computer networks.
- At least two years’ experience with a legal or professional services firm/organization in a computer support position.
- Ability to handle a number of projects at once, prioritize and to act decisively under pressure. Must be able to perform essential duties of the position with time constraints, interruptions and stressed attorneys and staff.
- Position frequently requires more than 37.5 hours per week to perform the essential duties. Employee must perform all duties with minimal supervision. Ability to work during off hours as needed.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate in person, by e-mail and telephone and follow instruction effectively from a diverse group of attorneys, clients and staff and to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Candidate must be able to lift and move equipment up to 30 pounds.
Firm offers competitive salary and excellent benefits.
For consideration, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Applications Analyst/Trainer” in the subject line, or to Human Resources Director, P.O. Box 1888 Albuquerque, NM 87103.
We are not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.