Mr. Blanton is a director in the Albuquerque office and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. He practices in the Litigation Department, where he is a member of the professional liability practice group. Mr. Blanton’s practice focuses on medical malpractice defense, insurance defense, including bad faith and coverage matters, and personal injury. Prior to joining the Rodey Law Firm, Mr. Blanton’s experience included appellate practice, construction defect cases and oil field related litigation, including contract disputes, property claims and catastrophic personal injury claims.
Mr. Blanton is listed in Best Lawyers in America for his experience and expertise in personal injury litigation – defendants.
Mr. Blanton earned the designation of “Rising Star” in the 2014 edition of Southwest Super Lawyers for his experience and expertise in Professional Liability: Defense.
Mr. Blanton served as a medic in the United States Army Reserve. He was activated in 2003 in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
- State Bar of New Mexico
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association
- United States District Court, District of New Mexico
- Defense Research Institute
- Officer, Board of Directors, Animal Humane/New Mexico
- Northwestern School of Law of Lewis & Clark College (J.D. 2000)
- Eastern New Mexico University (B.B.A. 1996)