Ms. McCarthy Apodaca is a director in the Albuquerque office practicing in the firm’s Complex and Commercial Litigation Practice Group. Her practice emphasizes complex litigation matters and business disputes. Ms. McCarthy Apodaca regularly serves as defense counsel in class action matters involving antitrust, unfair trade practices, and unfair debt collection practices. She has extensive experience in cases involving bad faith insurance practices, business torts and the performance of computer operating systems and software.
Bilingual in Spanish, she has represented United States-based manufacturing companies in developing twin plants under Mexico’s “maquiladora” program and has experience in representing United States companies seeking to do business in Mexico.
Ms. McCarthy Apodaca also has substantial appellate experience in state and federal courts, and is licensed to practice law in Arizona. She has achieved the highest Martindale-Hubbell rating and is listed in The Best Lawyers in America for her expertise in commercial litigation. Ms. McCarthy Apodaca is also listed in Southwest Super Lawyers for her expertise and experience in business litigation. Both the 2019 and 2022 editions of Southwest Super Lawyers named Ms. McCarthy Apodaca one of the Top 25 Lawyers in New Mexico.
Ms. McCarthy Apodaca has been selected as one of only 3500 fellows nationwide in Litigation Counsel of America, an invitation-only honorary society that seeks to recognize highly accomplished trial lawyers.
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Member, Trial Law Institute
- Member, Diversity Law Institute
- Board of Directors and Executive Committee member, Greater Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce (2009 – present)
- Chair, Annual Fund, Albuquerque Academy (2014 – 2016)
- Board of Directors, New Mexico Symphonic Chorus (2010 – 2012)
- Board of Trustees, New Mexico Symphony Orchestra (2006 – 2009)
- State Bars of New Mexico and Arizona
- New Mexico Liaison, Woman Advocate Committee, American Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth and Tenth Circuits
- University of Arizona College of Law (J.D., with high distinction, 1982; Order of the Coif)
- Université de Grenoble , France (Certificat Pratique de la Langue Française, 1979)
- University of New Mexico (B.A., with highest honors, 1978; Phi Beta Kappa)
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Fluent French
- Conversational Italian
Treatise: Eminent Domain in Arizona (1st ed. 1991), with R. Kerrick and J. Rice.