Mr. St. John’s current practice focuses on a broad range of commercial and civil litigation areas. His experience includes financial and real estate transactions, banking, commercial transactions, securities, contracts, general corporate matters, insurance coverage disputes, and trust and estate disputes.
Mr. St. John has significant experience in employment litigation in both state and federal courts. He has represented employers in a wide range of employment law and labor matters. He has been lead counsel in defending against class action claims of age and national origin discrimination and has defended employers in individual actions alleging discrimination on the basis of race, gender, age, physical handicap and national origin and including claims of sexual harassment in the workplace and of retaliation and claims relating to employment benefits and ERISA.
Mr. St. John has achieved the highest Martindale-Hubbell rating.
Mr. St. John is listed in Best Lawyers in America under Banking and Finance Law, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Corporate Law, Litigation-Banking and Finance, Litigation-Real Estate, and Trusts and Estates Law.
Mr. St. John was named Albuquerque Banking and Finance Law Lawyer of the Year-2019 by Best Lawyers in America.
Mr. St. John was named Albuquerque Litigation-Real Estate Lawyer of the Year-2014 by Best Lawyers in America.
Mr. St. John was named Albuquerque Litigation-Banking & Finance Lawyer of the Year-2013 by Best Lawyers in America.
St. John was named Albuquerque Corporate Lawyer of the Year-2011 by Best Lawyers in America.
Mr. St. John is listed in Southwest Super Lawyers for his expertise and experience in business litigation.
- American Bar Association
- Albuquerque Bar AssociationState Bar of New Mexico:
- Distinguished Service Awards 1990, 1994
- Outstanding Contribution Awards 1984, 1992, 1996
- Pro Bono Project Award, 1998
- Chair, Advisory Opinions Committee, 1983-1996
- Co-Chair, Committee on Women and the Profession, 1991 – 2000
- Chair, Lawyers Care Pro Bono Advisory Committee, 1996 – 1999
- Committee on Legal Services and Programs 1996-
- Supreme Court Code of Professional Conduct Committee, 1997-2000
- Supreme Court Self Represented Litigants Working Group, 2000
- Yale University (LL.B., 1959)
- Yale University (B.A., 1954)